Teachers College International Institute
Established in 1923 with a $1 million gift from the Rockefeller Foundation, the International Institute's activities were based on the principle that education is the primary means for social progress. The Institute's work had three overarching purposes:
1) To give special instruction and advice to foreign students.
2) To bring American students in touch with the best foreign practices.
3) To give direct educational assistance to foreign countries that wished the Institute's help.
The work of the Institute ended in 1938 upon the expiration of the Rockefeller grant.